Monday 1 August 2016

Goodbye Nelson and Welcome Nida!

20:00, 1/8/2016

Well it has been a while since my last post and a lot has changes. Just return from a trip to Nelson, New Zealand with the family. A much needed break and also to send my son off to new school and a new beginning. All the best Nick!

On returning, Nida was there to welcome me! How nice! First day back to work and there a typhoon and a big one as well. Typhoon signal number 8 was hoisted from 8:45, 1/8/2016 and guess what, the announcement came like this:

"The typhoon signal will be hoisted between 8:00pm to 10:00am"

Uh?! When to starting hoisting I could understand, but when to lower the signal? Does it mean they will lower it come what make? We will see!

06:40, 2/8/2016

Ok, it landed at 4:00am this morning, but to be honest, I think Nida just getting started, even if the met. office say she is breaking up. I just have to look outside and tells you she still got plenty of it. In fact I think the wind/rain was even stronger now (08:00am) than when I first wake up at 6:40am!

All hell broke lose at the airport as well. Nothing is leaving or entering Hong Kong! So thank God we landed yesterday morning and not later. In fact I think we race pass Nida on our way!

So we are off in the morning and let see it goes the same with the afternoon. We will be so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment